The online behaviour in 2013 can be summarised in just one word: real-time. People expect to get information and feedback fast. Time and redundant content are the worst enemies.
- More online forum participations for different interest groups, Facebook pages “likes” e.g. IT, lifestyle related, problem sharing
- More blogging and catchy visual content
- More YouTube views, for instant entertainment and for seeking extra knowledge e.g. “how- tos”
- More online conferences, meet-ups, e.g google hangouts as people can brainstorm ideas while being on different parts of the world.
- Increased e-commerce, perhaps facebook and pinterest will benefit marketers more than ever.
What platform and interface will meet the general online needs of this generation? Who will fall through the cracks? Any known hazards for too much social online?